Thursday 20 March 2014

Eating On A Budget: Jalan Alor's Food Stalls in Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur


It was our first night in Kuala Lumpur and we were lucky to stay in an Indian-owned hotel in Jalan Pudu Lama, just a few minutes away from Bukit Bintang

Jalan Alor

Prior to our Malaysia trip, I was busy researching about the inexpensive accommodation and restaurants because we were literally on a "tight" budget.

In this case, it doesn't really matter if you're sleepy!

Jalan Alor in Bukit Bintang is a street where you can eat incredibly cheap local Chinese cuisine. You can buy a meal for budget of RM 6 to RM 15 (78 - 195 Pesos).

The experience.

What I like about Jalan Alor is that it reminds me of Sta. Mesa, Manila where street foods and stalls are everywhere. The only difference is, I guess it's more crowded in Jalan Alor-- definitely a tourist's food paradise. Haha!


I was surprised that most street foods are actually boiled then grilled (to perfection)! Haha! I like the way they make sure the food that they serve is clean, pretty safe for tourists, ha.

Mouth-watering! (RM 12)

Set Meal for RM  9!

I find it very interesting to eat foods that I have never eaten before -- talk about getting out of your comfort zone. I was like a little kid drooling on every street food that catches my attention! 

This is somewhat like a pudding we ate for dessert. RM 5!

There's only one catch though, I find the alcohol a little expensive! That's too sad for a frequent drinker like me! Next time I visit Malaysia, I'll make sure I have enough funds for drinking! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment