Monday 24 March 2014

A Taste of Indian Food in Kuala Lumpur


I have always been fascinated with India's culture so when I traveled in Malaysia, I was glad to know that there's a lot of Indians as well as Indian-owned establishments. It was an opportunity for me to finally try Indian dishes.

First-timer!

On our first day in Malaysia, we went to Bistro Tomyam, an Indian Restaurant located in Jalan Pudu Lama, Kuala Lumpur. It was only a couple of blocks away from Casa Villa Hotel.

A variety of dishes at Bistro Tomyam.

Because I was unfamiliar with Indian food, I asked the server for some recommendation. I ordered a dish called "Nasi Goreng" (I forgot) and it was too spicy for me. Hahaha! Jm ordered something like a curry rice with shrimp and veggies and it was also spicy! Haha!

Nasi Goreng?

 Curry rice w/h shrimp & veggies

We then ordered Lychee Juice-- perfect for the dishes we had. Even though I'm not a big fan of spicy food, I felt very satisfied that I was able to taste "authentic" Indian food because in Philippines we don't really have the chance to experience eating at an Indian Restaurant. 

Lychee Juice

After eating our breakfast, we ordered Roti Canai- a typical Indian-influenced flat-bread served with two curries. Well, supposedly we should eat this before the main dish.

Roti Canai, simply delicious!

The Indian staff who served us were very friendly and I was amazed that one of them can speak "Tagalog". Hahaha! I wish I had taken some photos with them! 




Budget? A decent meal for 2 will cost about RM 20 (260 Pesos).

I highly recommend Tomyam Bistro in Jalan Pudu Lama if you want to try budget-friendly Indian cuisine in Kuala Lumpur. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us great blog about Restaurants in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Nice going through this blog..I am loving this...
    Thanks for sharing:)


    Best
    Kashmir Package Tour-Enticing Tour

    ReplyDelete